Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Book Trailer Day!



So today is pretty cool. I get to watch this guy turn an actor into my character, Will Cohen.

The guy above is Adam Cushman of Red14 Films. They are making my book trailer.

Okay. Book trailer. A phrase that may have confounded me a year or two ago. One that certainly has a few of you rolling your eyes.

When I first came up with the idea for SACRED, it was an image that came to me first of all--before character, plot, even setting. It was this: A girl, on a horse, racing around a bend. Pursued or pursuing, we don't know. Her hair flies loose behind her and she urges on her horse, leaning forward in her saddle, going faster, faster.

What she doesn't know is that someone else--a boy--is running, too. Running hard on the trail. In a moment, their paths will collide.

I had to know--why is she running? Why is he running? Who are they? What compels them?

So I started to write.

That image never let me, the whole time I wrote SACRED, and in the time since I sold the book, all through the editorial and publication process, it's stuck with me just as vividly. So maybe it's a little self-indulgent, a gift to myself, to watch this scene being filmed.

Over the next few days I'll post pictures and tell you how the process plays out.

So, so excited.

5 comments: